Appointment Policies: Late Arrivals / No-Shows / Cancellations
Late Arrival Policy:
We strive to stay on schedule and we need you to do your part in helping us achieve this goal. Late arriving appointment cause a number of problems:
1) Patient care becomes rushed increasing the risk of medical errors
2) Increased wait time for those that did arrive prior to their appointment time
3) Increased stress for the doctors and staff trying to get back on schedule
4) Increased safety risk for both the staff and patients as we are rushing
Late arriving appointments may be asked to reschedule if the veterinarian's schedule can not accommodate you. Priority is given to patients that arrive on time. If you choose to wait, the wait-time may be considerable and unpredictable.
Missed Appointment (No-Show) Policy:
Using both phone calls and e-mail we make every effort to remind our clients that they have reserved out doctor's and staff's time.
Missed appointments without notice interfere with our ability to provide service to many pets and interfere with our ability to run our day efficiently. In June and July 2014 we had a total of 127 appointments left vacant due to no-shows and late cancelled appointments necessitating us to create a formal policy regarding this issue.
1) Clients that do not make their appointment or cancel will be considered a "no-show"
2) If a client has 3 "no-shows" we may elect to no longer reserve doctor's time for that client or may choose to no longer provide care to that client's pets.
A multiple pet visit that is a "no-show" will be considered a multiple "no-show" as significantly more doctor's time would have been reserved and not utilized.
We kindly ask that you give us 24 hour notice prior to cancelling an appointment. This allows us to offer that appointment to another patient and helps our doctors and staff efficiently navigate the day. We understand that cancelled appointments happen for a number of reasons and that some are unexpected and unavoidable. If we determine that this policy is being abused, we reserve the right to discontinue reserving our staff's time for that client or we may charge a $50 cancellation fee.
We thank you in advance for abiding by these policies and helping us keep our clients, staff, and patients on schedule and safe!!